Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Assignment # 2

1. The song I am going to look at today is Big and Rich, "Comin' To Your City." I first found out about this song from the radio. I was listening to the radio in the car and this song came up. My sister is a big country fan, so I ask her what it was about. I listen to it again and found out that I really like it. I found this song to be very interesting. My sister was the one that introduced this song to me and the world of country music.

2. I found this song to hit my soul because it makes me think of the times I get to spend with my horses. It makes my mind think back to all the good memories I have with my sister and my horses. When I feel sad because I miss my horses I just listen to this song and it makes me feel better.

3. "Well we're comin to your city
Gonna play our guitars and sing you a country song
We'll all be flyin high that a jet air liner
And if you want a little band in you ying yang come along."
Big and Rich

This passage is about how Big and Rich band is coming to where you live. The band is going to play a song and sing a song about country. The people that are listening are going to have a great time.

4. How do you feel about country music? Do you have any experiences with music? Do you enjoy the idea of the word country?

3 comments:

Kathryn's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn's Blog said...

I like some country music, not all though. Country music usually makes me in a sad mood. But there are some really good songs I enjoy. I can listen to country, but just not all day.

pancakes said...

Personally I do not enjoy country music that much. My experiance with music is very different because my uncle is a musician and he has been in many different types of bamds so my whole life he has always told me what music should be and in most cases I usually do not agree, but I am quite use to music in my life due to this.