Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Assignment#3

Poem #1

Red

Red
A soul finally free
Flying through heaven
Watching over us
At peace in her world
Happiness finally found
In death
Released form ALS
Finally back to her old self
Leaving behind family
Starting a new journey
Forever loving Gene
Daughters and grandson
What does death really mean?
Release from pain
A new start for our eternal body
Still many unanswered questions
For the living,
Not knowing whether to go on
Questioning life, God, holy spirit?
Promising to come back as a dragonfly
Keeping our memories alive
But, waiting for us to enter the gates of heaven
Red

Poem #2

A ribbon

For me the color is blue,
But, red will also do,
For showing my horse,
At a county fair.

With great anticipation,
I sit on my horse,
Awaiting the fianl decision,
Oh, I hope we win a blue.

2 comments:

Nesha said...

Red, what an interesting title. I realy like this poem it reminds me of my grandpa. I almost cried as I was reading it. Its so inspiring. I think you use realy descriptive words to say what your trying to say. Good job.

Kathryn's Blog said...

You're poems are really good! Keep writing!