Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Assignment #6

1. I really don't like to be scared. I am a person that want to know what is going on. I like to have a schedule and an order. I would be fine in a my house with no lights on. I am familiar with the surroundings and able to find my way around my house. I also could handle being scared in a barn. I am in a barn a lot and feel that I could manage.

2. Things that scare me are: snakes, spiders, bugs, and rats. These are also the things that I fear in the world. For me these things are horrific, but for other it might not. I hate to image a spider walking on me while I am asleep. I also don't like to think about a snake moving. This stuff really creeps me out. I think my fears come from my family members because they really don't like them either. I think I have grown up in fear of these things. I live in fear of planes because of 9-11, and will not fly because of it.

3. I think a good definition for madness is: a person that is driven beyond the point of insanity. They would have to due many crazy things. For a person to be considered mad, I think they have to have prof of what they are doing. They are doing thing that are not normal and would not be accepted in the society. Examples: killing people, rape, kidnapping, or holding people beyond their will.

4. I think that the people in our society, politics, and mental health. They start to do things that are out of order. People start to question what they are doing and why. This people that are crazy lead a closed life. They are fine on the outside, but completely change inside. There life is altered.

2 comments:

Kathryn's Blog said...

I totally agree with you. I hate flying on planes, not only cuz I'm afraid of heights but because of the whole 9/11 thing too. It just makes you think. But I admire that you can be in the dark alone, I hate it. It scares me.

Nesha said...

I totally agree with you about what drives people insane. Like you can be the best lawyer in the state and suddenly realizes that it doesn't make you happy and some part of you isn't fullfilled. You probably were so focused on your big career that you didn't have time for friends, to find that special someone, or even time to spend with yourself, and suddenly you just might explode and start to do things to harm yourself, because you start to feel like your life has no meaning. So I totally agree with you.