Monday, December 10, 2007

Assignment # 10

1. I think that the theme is the most important part of the story. It gives the reader a chance to understand what is going on. Also it makes the reader learn a lesson from the story. When I read, I always feel there is a reason to the story. The lessons I learn from the story are wonderful. The opposing view would say that you don’t need to have a theme in your story. The reader is able to look at the words a draw their own conclusions. This gives the reader the chance to explore the text more. I wonder if drawing your own conclusion is better.

2. I think that great literary works last forever because the words a so powerful in the text. The words are powerful so that people will not forget them. It takes a long time for a person to think of those powerful words. I can’t see myself writing something that would last a lifetime because I am a person that likes to write, but would rather keep it closed. I also think I would not write a work of art because I don’t want to become a writer.

3. I think my long-lasting impact on the world would be to treat people with respect. All people should be treated with respect. It should not matter because of gender, race, and religion. It is important to me because I see people everyday not getting respected because of their race or gender. It really bothers me. I think as a writer I could have a chance to change it because I would be able to write about it. It would get published in the newspaper. These would wake people up on theses issue.

2 comments:

Nesha said...

I agree with you on great works of literature. The words are so powerful and moving,yet simlple. Also I feel that what makes great literature is a story that people can relate to forever nomatter what year you in. Like a great love story everyone can relate to it because its what everyone wants or has.

Mr. Miles said...

I think the reader pulls a theme from the story, but I also think the reader brings something TO the story, like the reader and the writer meet halfway.