Thursday, December 20, 2007

Toward the Future/From the Past

1. I found my play to be hard to write at first, but after I started writing the lines just started coming out on the paper. A pleasant suprises that I found was how fun it is to actually right a play. One thing that I really found frustrating was the length requirenment. It first it was really hard to get to five pages, but then it all just started to fit together. I found this experience really fun and I would do it again.


2. I think that some ideas are my horses, sister, running away, childhood, school, friends, and family. I feel that the list could go on and on. It is really an endless list. I think in my story I would want to express the idea of what happened. Also the events leading up to the idea and what actually happened. I feel that my strongest topic to write about would be my family or my horse. I think that I would relate better to these topics because they are more current in my mind. It would be really hard to write something that was from my childhood. I think this would be really hard for me.


3. I think that I would choose to talk to a ten year old. The advice I would give them is make sure you be yourself. Don’t follow in the foot steps of others. Feel free to express your thoughts and ideas. I think that my advice would be off my own experiences and what I see other kids during. I was able to be myself at school, but I see other people not being their self just to impress someone else. I think that people just need to be true to themselves. This will make you a stronger person. At the age of ten I think that is when people start to change.

3 comments:

Mr. Miles said...

I like your comments to a 10-year old. I'm not a complete original, of course, but I am happy that I think for myself and don't follow the flock. Even when I do follow the flock, I do so only after thinking about it for myself.

Have you ever read Emerson or Thoreau? Your ideas remind me of their writings (which have been inspiritational to me over the years).

I'm so glad you enjoyed writing the play. I thought your play was a lot of fun, and I have enjoyed getting to read it. I can't wait to read it the final time.

Kristina's Blog said...

I don't think that I have ever read Emerson. Maybe Thoreau. Maybe you could introduce me to them.

Mr. Miles said...

I could. Do you want me to see if I can get some copies?